Standard Long Day Session: All age groups $140 per child per day
10 Hour Session: All age groups $135 per child per day
This is only applicable to families with 100 CCS hours and child enrolled 5 days per week. Attendance is strictly between 7:30am – 5:30pm.
Enrolment Fees are detailed in the Enrolment section
Early Learning Centre in Brooklyn
Shine Brooklyn is an intimate and homely purpose-built centre in an area known for its neighbourly spirit. Shine Brooklyn is a long daycare with an integrated funded kinder program for children aged six weeks to school age.
Our four age-based rooms are warm and inviting, filled with ample natural light. All rooms lead to a communal outdoor area where children have plenty of shahid and natural spades to explore and develop. We have a large sandpit, sensory garden, worm farm and plenty of fine motor spaces.
The children love spending time in our large harvesting garden, equipped with gardening tools and a compost bin. Here, the children learn to grow, prepare and share fresh seasonal fruit, vegetables and herbs while developing healthy eating habits.
To help your child thrive, everything they need is included in the daily fee:
- Welcome pack including a SunSmart wide-brim hat, gym bag and Shine tee
- All essentials, including nappies, bed linen, water stations to, sunscreen
- Nutritional seasonal menu prepared daily by our in-house cook
- Two sizable outdoor playing spaces equipped with sandpits, planter boxes, climbing equipment, lots of natural elements and plenty of shade
- Excursions within our local neighbourhood
Join our supportive community where your child will build lifelong friendships, resilience, and confidence.
Why Our Brooklyn Childcare Centre Stands Out
Our educators are our greatest strength, and it is through their passion, dedication and knowledge that the children thrive while enrolled at Shine Brooklyn.
- Understand the importance of allocating time for indoor and outdoor active play linked to an age-appropriate curriculum.
- Allow each child to develop their language, emotional growth, social, and cognitive skills via various experiences.
Shine Brooklyn is conveniently located on Geelong Road, only 10km west of Melbourne’s Central Business district. We are a two-minute walk to the recently upgraded Brooklyn Reserve play space and the local Catholic primary school. There is plenty of onsite parking, and we are near a bus stop with regular buses connecting us to the broader area in both directions.
To experience what Shine offers,
get in touch here to arrange a tour.
Our Educational Philosophy
At Shine Brooklyn, all children experience engaging learning that builds success for life. Fundamental to a child’s growth are their connections to family, community, place and culture.
Their earliest development and learning commences through these relationships, particularly within their immediate and extended families, who are a child’s most influential educators.
Our educators embrace this and ensure that each child’s family life is connected with their childcare environment.
Our qualified and passionate team of educators recognise the significance of the here and now in children’s lives and support them in establishing relationships with those around them.
Our educators empower each child to manage their identities, understanding, capabilities and abilities, relationships and skills as they evolve during their childhood.
Shine Brooklyn offers the Get Up n Grow program to educate children about the benefits of healthy eating and physical activity. Our educators incorporate the Get Up n Grow program within our outdoor activities and age-based program.
We use the Kinder Tick at Shine Brooklyn because we are an approved Victorian Government-funded kindergarten program provider. This means we deliver a play-based learning program led by a qualified early childhood teacher.
Services and Programs Offered
Our Brooklyn nursery caters for infants aged six weeks to 2 years old. Our nursery room is a warm, safe and stimulating environment that provides opportunities for each child to play and explore within a nurturing environment. Educators provide exceptional caregiving routines that meet each child’s unique routine and developmental needs.
- A communal outdoor area that also includes age-based activities for our infants
- A separate sleeping room
- A well-balanced menu providing daily meals and beverages prepared in-house by our centre cook
- Nappy change and sleep essentials such as nappies, cots, linen and sleep sacks
- A nurturing play-based learning environment
Our toddler’s room is all about focusing on providing every child with a calm and welcoming environment that balances play, exploration, and learning. This room is led by passionate and skilled educators who create toddler-aged play-based learning activities that are also designed to be nurturing experiences that enrich growth and development.
Our Brooklyn toddler room is a supportive space that is safe but also allows child-led learning in a creative environment. The room is expertly designed to facilitate the needs of this age group so they can explore, construct, and interact with their peers and educators, solve problems, and tune into their creative side.
- Age 2-3 years of appropriate learning and playing environments
- A program that integrates a combination of structured and unstructured play-based and educator-directed learning
- Age-based small group learning activities
- Nutritionally balanced and seasonal menu with all meals and snacks included
- A calm environment appropriate for sleeping and resting
The Shine Brooklyn kinder room focuses on creating age-appropriate activities and experiences that support each child’s preparation for school. Our experienced educators implement a program that is play-based but also engages in school-readiness learning. School-ready skills include language, literacy, numeracy, drama and role-play, music and movement, sustainability, and the critical development of social, emotional, and independent skills.
Our team of skilled and nurturing educators work collaboratively with local allied health professionals to create an integrated journey to enhance each child’s learning and development based on their capabilities and abilities.
Individual and group-based learning plans are implemented to empower each child with skills to help them reach their full social and academic potential.
- Two large aesthetically pleasing kinder rooms providing stimulating resources and age-based furnishings
- Caters for children aged 3 to 5 years, facilitating appropriate indoor and outdoor learning environments
- A delicious nutritional menu prepared daily by our in-house cook
- Small group learning activities to support individual attention and learning
- Particular focus on School Readiness and Transition to School development.
- Balanced structured and unstructured play-based learning aligned with the VEYLDF curriculum
Great day care centre with awesome carers, my daughter enjoyed going there for over 3 year.
Amazing centre with friendly staff and management highly recommend.
Visiting our centre is a great opportunity to meet the team & experience what Shine Brooklyn offers.
It’s never too early to enrol or to add your child to our waitlist, contact us now to make a general enquiry or to book a tour.
Does your service offer a 3-year-old and 4-year-old funded kindergarten program?
Yes, we are a “Kinder Tick” service; this helps Victorian families find a funded kindergarten program for their children.
When you see the Kinder Tick, you can be confident:
- a qualified teacher will lead the program
- children will benefit from play-based learning
- the kindergarten program is funded and approved by the Victorian Government
- the program complies with government guidelines and the National Quality Framework.
Your child will be learning through play with an early childhood teacher. Research shows that play-based learning is the best way to help young children learn, develop, and prepare to thrive at school.
What if I am late to collect my child after hours?
A late fee is charged for late collections after the centre’s closing time. This is charged at $3 per minute and is added to your child’s account.
Do you close throughout the year, and how long is it?
Yes, we close for a short Christmas / New Year break. Generally, we are closed for 2 to 3 weeks, and families are notified before closure dates. Fees are not payable during the centre closure.
What is the ratio of staff to children?
- Birth to 36 months – 1: 4
- 36 months up to and including preschool age – 1: 11
What skills, qualifications and experience do the staff have?
Our highly qualified and skilled team has years of industry experience. We have an Early Childhood Teacher, Diploma and Certificate III educators and trainees eager to gain a career in early childhood education and care.
Get in Touch
Fill out the below form and we´ll be in touch very soon!