Daily Fees in Our Childcare Centre
Standard Long Day Session: All age groups $130 per child per day
10 Hour Session: All age groups $125 per child per day
This is only applicable to families with 100 CCS hours and child enrolled 5 days per week. Attendance is strictly between 7:30am – 5:30pm.
Enrolment Fees are detailed in the Enrolment section
Early Learning Centre in St Albans
Our Childcare in St Albans is a long daycare catering to children aged six weeks to school, offering before- and after-school care options. The building is a light-filled, purpose-built centre focusing on warm, resource-rich, and welcoming indoor spaces. Our four age-based rooms are designed with growth and learning in mind.
With two spacious outdoor areas available for age-appropriate outdoor learning, there are dedicated spaces for adventure and development amongst our toddler, kinder, and nursery children. The children enjoy climbing equipment and our hands-on herb and vegetable gardens.
We have a team of qualified and passionate educators committed to providing each child with a stimulating, nurturing, and educational space.
To help your child thrive, everything they need is included in the daily fee:
- Welcome pack including a SunSmart wide-brim hat, gym bag and Shine tee
- All essentials, including nappies, bed linen, water stations, sunscreen
- Nutritional seasonal menu prepared daily by our in-house cook
- A communal outdoor space equipped with sandpits, planter boxes, climbing equipment, lots of natural elements and a large undercover space
- Opportunities and excursions within our local neighbourhood
Choose Shine St Albans Childcare Centre for more than just early childhood education.
Join our supportive community where your child will build lifelong friendships, resilience, and confidence.
Why Choose our Childcare St Albans Centre?
We create a stimulating, nurturing and safe environment for each child by ensuring the standards deemed as high quality are considered and met. Key factors essential to a child’s well-being are at the forefront of our values; some of these include:
- Provision of highly skilled educators who are responsive and sensitive to children’s needs
- Opportunities to develop social, language, emotional growth, motor and cognitive skills through play are provided
- Our community also plays an essential role in a child’s overall growth and well-being by supporting a sense of identity and learning, providing opportunities for active participation in the world and promoting a sense of belonging.
Shine St Albans is located in a residential area that is rich in history. The centre is a six-minute drive to both the Sunshine Hospital and Keilor Central shopping centre, making this a convenient childcare option for health professionals and retailers working in our community.
The St Albans train station is less than 2km from the centre, with regular services available to the city and wider area. Onsite parking is provided so families can enjoy an efficient drop-off and pick up when visiting.
To experience what Shine Early Learning Centre has to offer,
get in touch here to arrange a tour.
Our Philosophy and Approach
We recognise that ‘learning through play’ is fundamental to supporting a child’s abilities, strengths and interests. We aim to ensure children are provided opportunities to discover, grow and play in an environment where their rights and dignity are always preserved.
Our curriculum combines an innovative play-based program with project-based learning underpinning the learning process. Our educators deliver intentional teaching in small group learning environments where a child’s challenges, skills, and success stories are continuously monitored.
We have a dedicated team of bilingual educators fluent in Vietnamese, Hindu, Spanish and English. At Shine St Albans, we offer the ELLA (Early Learning Languages Australia) program. Research has shown that learning a language in the early years improves concentration, critical thinking and memory retention skills.
Shine Early Learning Centre St Albans also offers the Get Up n Grow program to educate children in their early years on the benefits of healthy eating and physical activity. Our educators incorporate the Get Up n Grow program and age-based activities within their outdoor program.
We use the Kinder Tick at Shine St Albans Childcare Centre because we are an approved provider of the Victorian Government-funded kindergarten program. This means we deliver a play-based learning program led by a qualified early childhood teacher.
Ready to get started in our Early Learning Centre in St Albans?
Services and Programs Offered
St Albans Nursery
Through nurturing interactions, our infants engage in age-appropriate experiences to stimulate their senses and enhance their individual development. Because we believe that children learn best through play, we ensure learning is woven into every experience in both unstructured and structured learning environments.
Our nursery is an all-inclusive space that caters to infants aged six weeks to 2 years. We tailor our routines to suit the needs of each child, maintaining familiarity and instilling a sense of security.
- A separate sleeping room providing positive sleep practices in a safe and secure space
- Age-based outdoor playground
- Nutritious meals and beverages prepared in-house by our centre cook
- Nappy change and sleep essentials such as nappies, cots, linen and sleep sacks
- A balanced structured and unstructured play-based learning environment
St Albans Toddlers
Our St Albans toddlers room is focused on providing a balanced environment that is welcoming and stimulating to facilitate exploration and investigation. Our toddler room is led by passionate educators who create play-based learning activities designed to provide the children with nurturing experiences to encourage ongoing growth and development. This room cares for children aged 2 to 3 years old.
- Age-based indoor and outdoor spaces specific to meet toddlers’ developmental needs
- A well-balanced menu plan prepared by our in-house cook
- Structured and unstructured small group learning experiences
- A calming environment to encourage rest and sleep
- Facilities for nappy changing and toilet training
St Albans Kinder
Our kindergarten rooms focus on creating quality experiences that pave a pathway to prepare each child for their transition to school. Our qualified kindergarten educators provide an emphasis on building school-ready skills using a holistic approach. Our educators nurture each child’s social and emotional growth, empower them to become independent and support their literacy and numeracy development. We aim to make every child’s transition to school as seamless as possible through balanced, small-group learning activities incorporating structured and unstructured environments. Our kinder children occupy two large purpose-built rooms equipped with age-based resources and furnishings.
- Stimulating age-appropriate indoor and outdoor spaces to cater for 3 to 5-year-olds
- Dedicated School Readiness and Transition to School programs
- Daily communication and program updates via Earlyworks
- Balanced structured and unstructured play-based learning incorporating the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLDF)
Love this daycare very kind friendly staff great communication very clean and tidy kids love going there everyday
The staffs are so friendly and caring. Its a fantastic day care central.
Visiting our centre is a great opportunity to meet the team & experience what our Childcare St Albans has to offer.
It’s never too early to enrol or to add your child on our waitlist, contact us now to make a general enquiry or to book a tour.
What time can I drop off and pick up my child?
Our hours of operation are 6:30 am to 6:30pm. Children can be dropped off and collected at any time between our hours of operation.
We offer 10-hour booking sessions for children eligible for 100 CCS hours who are enrolled to attend five days.
Will I be charged fees for public holidays or when my child is not there?
Fees are still payable for sick days and personal holidays that fall on a usual day of attendance.
We charge on public holidays because we have everyday costs that take place, regardless of whether children are at the centre or not.
You can still get paid the Child Care Subsidy if you’re charged for a day when your child does not attend. These are called absence days. You can claim up to 42 absence days in a financial year. They can be for any reason, and you do not need documentation.
Will I be eligible for any subsidies or other financial assistance?
You need to meet some requirements to get a Child Care Subsidy. The subsidy is paid directly to the childcare provider to reduce the fees you pay.
You may be eligible if you or your partner meet all the following:
- Care for your child at least two nights per fortnight or have 14% care.
- Are liable for fees for care provided at an approved childcare service.
- Meet the residence rules.
Your child must also meet both:
- Immunisation requirements.
- Not be attending secondary school unless an exemption applies.
Does your service offer free kinder?
All children enrolled in a funded kindergarten program are eligible for Free Kinder from 2023.
In line with existing policies for per capita funding, your child must only receive Free Kinder funding at one service. If your child attends more than one service that offers a funded kindergarten program (e.g. a sessional service for some days and a long day care service on other days), you must nominate which service your child will receive their funded kindergarten program and therefore their Free Kinder funding.
Get in Touch
Visiting our centre is a great opportunity to meet the team & experience what Shine St Albans has to offer. It’s never too early to enrol or to add your child on our waitlist, contact us now to make a general enquiry or to book a tour.